Friday 6 April 2018

Heart Talk: Change is my only Constant







I have moved a lot while I was growing up. I have changed 6 schools while being in one city as my school changed every time we changed house or my mom changed her job. Every time I made friends and felt settled in a place, it was time to move. From a small city with close-knit family and friends, I moved to Pakistan's busiest city when I was 18. In last 10 years, I have changed 2 countries, changed many houses, tried strange foods, met people from different parts of the world, called strangers my friend. Cliched as it may be, but change is my only constant. And every change that life threw at me demanded a different me. I changed. There is a lot that happens when you change from the person you were to the person you are and not everyone understands your personal journey. The thing that will tire you more is the attempt to explain yourself. To seek validation. To crave sympathy.

Let it go…

I still have friends from the school I first went to some thirty years ago… I have a home in every place that I have lived in and all these people and all these places have a piece of my heart 




No comments:

Post a Comment