Tuesday 27 August 2019

Heart Talk: A Little Confession




Even after being married to an extrovert whose idea of fun is to meet people, have people over, go over to meet people, and even after understanding the importance of networking, my introvert heart is still pretty dominant. Now, I am more of an extroverted introvert, I hope. I say that because, in the past, I had to do some self-talk in the car park to convince myself to attend a big gathering. 



Now I do walk in if I have decided to attend an event. 

Trouble is that I still do not know how will I be at any social event... I could be chirpy and talkative one day and absolutely quiet another day. As much as I love meeting new people and hearing their stories, I  just cannot handle small talk. Small talk drains me and I’d rather choose to sit in absolute silence than to engage in any superficial conversation. The chatty me comes out when I have reached a certain level of comfort which is why I prefer one on one meetings instead of huge social events. For me, 'social time' has to be more than just fun and entertainment. I need connection. 

Most days when I believe that I have done my best, someone or the other comes to me and asks why was I so unusually quiet!🤔


It is a real struggle, I tell you... 



No comments:

Post a Comment