Friday 9 November 2018

The Ordinary Girl is Three!




This month marks 3 years of this blogging journey! I had no clue that I would make it this far because back in 2015 when I started this blog it was just another way for me to stay connected with my loved ones back home and space for me to exhibit my love for chai and food in general. I had no goals for it, to be honest, except to keep writing and I had no idea which direction this blog was headed to. I took several breaks on and off because life was happening but, I made sure that I come back here and keep writing. 

With time, the blog started shaping into something more than just a food diary. While it shaped itself, it also started shaping who I am; not just in this digital space but, also in real life. This is the most rewarding thing about blogging. When I write about my personal experiences, it gives me time to look at myself objectively. It helps me structure my thoughts and feelings and the way I process them. 

I just adore this Pooh Quote: 

“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.” – A. A. Milne

I was featured on Pakistani Lady Blogger Community's Website here.
Blogging helped me appreciate many little details of my life. I met inspiring people along the way and there are some that I just can't wait to meet in real life. I received lovely messages from those who read my blog and some of my experiences helped in their personal circumstances. This evoked compassion and a desire to do more for others. The more I gave, the more I got. 

I think Joey Tribbiani's quote sums this up perfectly, 

"It is a love based on giving and receiving as well as having and sharing. And the love that they give and have is shared and received. And through this having and giving and sharing and receiving, we too can share and love and have and receive"

YOU have helped me reach this milestone because if you did not read the “Thingish” things I write, I would have not achieved the only goal I ever set. 

A BIG THANK YOU for being a part of my highs and lows.  Hold on tight as there is a long way to go <3 





1 comment: