Thursday 26 November 2020

Heart Talk: #KarachiIsLove



 


#KarachiIsLove …. For me this hashtag is more true than what it states.. I fell in love at the age of 18 when I moved to this city of lights.

I remember standing on a bus stop at Shahrah-e-Faisal, feeling dizzy at the sight of mad and endless traffic. The blaring horns, the heavily decorated public buses, giant bill boards and tall buildings were so new for me that I felt very tiny. Karachi was home for us but, we had spent fourteen years away from it. I kept denying my love. How could I love this dusty city that was rocked with violence for the longest time, where street crimes were common, life so fast that I could not catch up, so much diversity in its people, culture and language that it was almost mind boggling…
But how long could I deny that the mad traffic taught me the survival skills I needed, the tall buildings gave me the confidence to keep my head high, the decorated buses showed me what a beautiful culture I am a part of, the diversity expanded my vision…. I fell in love with the resilience of its people despite the tough times, the generosity and conviction despite the desperate conditions, the lively spirit despite the shortcomings.
…. and food….you cannot ignore the love that fills your stomach, heart and senses through the various flavours this city has to offer!
Karachi is more than love… it is an experience …a random graffiti rightly said…”There should be a Karachi in every country!!!”


No comments:

Post a Comment