Sunday 18 November 2018

Review: Songs of Pinky Memsaab





A few days ago I saw a friend post about upcoming independent movie Pinky Memsaab, releasing on the 7th of December 2018. The trailer looks very promising. With Dubai as the backdrop, the story revolves around a socialite and her maid who develop an unconventional bond while they go through life and the lemons it gives them! I found this a very unique and interesting topic. The movie seems much more real and being an expatriate myself for the last 10 years, I am sure it will hit a few right notes somewhere. It was time that a movie with such a theme was made.



I googled a bit more and came across the songs of the movie. If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that in Australia the entertainment requires long drives and I am always looking for new songs to add to my music library. Basically, soothing music that can accompany me on my long drives. The songs of this movie are definitely a good addition to my list.

"Dil Jogia" is a gentle and soft soundtrack sung by Kavita Seth and Kanishk Seth. The video of the song introduces to you to cast of the movie and some of the characters and backdrop. It also gives away the theme of the movie as the lyrics talk about freeing oneself, finding the dream and searching for one's happiness within. A gentle reminder that we all need every day.

I love songs that have a calming effect and yet meaningful lyrics and I think Dil Jogia does exactly that.




And then there is "Khawab Jae" for those who like melancholic music. Sung by Imran Ali Akhtar, the lyrics are about a girl who is innocent and dreamy and is misunderstood. In the first go, I felt that this song is about Pinky, the helper but, as I listened to the lyrics I felt that it might have a deeper message. The song highlights heartbreak, nostalgia, tests of life, darkness and new light. I feel that both the main characters will go through these stages in their respective roles and it would be very interesting to see two very different reactions and approaches to almost similar circumstances. This is my guess though, but can't wait to see where this song will be placed in the movie.


For now, I am very happy to have them in my car for my long drives and not so long drives :)




No comments:

Post a Comment