Tuesday 7 January 2020

Fitness Diary: Exploring Other Stuff at Gym...






I know it is quite delayed but here is the second installment of my post on my gym routine. I will leave the link to the first one at the end of this post.

After 1.5 months of using just a treadmill, I decided to explore some other stuff at the gym. Elliptical was my first choice. Elliptical or X-trainer is a stationary exercise machine used to simulate stair climbing, walking, or running. Although it was similar to brisk walking and running on a treadmill, it was helping me break the monotony. If you know me a little, you'd know that I constantly need change.

My goal each day was to do 400 calories in half an hour. I would do 20 minutes on a treadmill alternating between running and walking. And then 10 minutes on elliptical. I was actually shedding double calories on elliptical in half the time. I continued on the same routine, going to the gym every alternate day until I had lost around 6 kgs - 60% of my goal...

.... Now, it was time to move to weight lifting because when you do cardio and diet you lose fat and muscle both. Weight lifting, contrary to the popular belief does not make women appear muscular. In fact, it helps tone the body and keeps one in a fat-burning mode long after you have left the gym...

More on weight lifting soon 

PS: This routine is based on what I have read and what worked for me and I am not an expert.

Link to the first part: http://diaryoftog.blogspot.com/2019/12/fitness-diary-how-i-started-gym.html




No comments:

Post a Comment