Tuesday 1 January 2019

Welcome 2019





Tears and smiles, pains and gains, failures and successes; from a rocky start to a complete meltdown in the mid of the year to picking up myself and ending the year with a heart ever so grateful for this beautiful life, for opportunities, for lessons, for people who came and people who left. For the constants in life who never change and the constant changes that shape our lives…. 2018 was all THIS and MORE.

While, there were road trips and endless cups of chai, ad-hoc plans, birthdays, anniversaries, lots of blog posts, lots of food, senseless jokes and meaningful conversations, beautiful mornings and peaceful nights, sound sleep and beautiful dreams but, there was also a restless heart that ached for not being good enough. My heart. 

In 2018, when my honeymoon period after moving to Adelaide was over, I came face to face with some setbacks. Setbacks that I deemed to be MY failures. After a long time, I had a complete meltdown; dramatic one with inconsolable crying and all that it comes with. I could not understand what brought me to that breaking point. If it was really about my job or salary or social life or life in general. Or if it was about how I wanted to see myself in these challenging times. Was I disappointed with myself for not being strong enough? Or was it the exhaustion of carrying the burden of expectations? But, whose expectations? 

I realized that more than anything else, I was burdened by MY own expectations. I was hard on myself. 

I realized that we all are very hard on ourselves and we tire ourselves in this whole process leaving no space for self-love and self-care.

This realization became a lesson and a goal for me for 2019 and for years to follow. 

To be kind and forgiving to others but, most importantly to myself. To live free of expectations - at least the self-imposed ones. To take pride in slowing down, for taking breaks, for having time for myself, for a healthy glow, for choosing comfort and for doing what I love over what I must do.

Here is a quote for 2019 that will liberate me and I hope that it will liberate you too! 

Be kind to yourself in the year ahead.

Remember to forgive yourself, and to forgive others. It's too easy to be outraged these days, so much harder to change things, to reach out, to understand.

Try to make your time matter: minutes and hours and days and weeks can blow away like dead leaves, with nothing to show but the time you spent not quite ever doing things, or time you spent waiting to begin.

Meet new people and talk to them. Make new things and show them to people who might enjoy them.

Hug too much. Smile too much. And, when you can, love.

-Neil Gaiman



Happy New Year, guys! 



1 comment:

  1. Resonates completely with me. Thanks for sharing this very personal yet insightful piece of your life with us

    ReplyDelete